1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Any NFL fans out there?

Discussion in 'Other Sport' started by seeya555, Mar 28, 2013.

1. seeya555

seeya555 Member

Whereas I prefer the classic or real "football", I have also started to enjoy the American version, American Football a few years ago. The first game I watched was the 2010 Superbowl between the New Orleans Saints and the Indianapolis Colts and since then I was hooked. As I've always been a fan of the city of New York, my first favorite team became the the NY Jets, but after a few months, the New England Patriots became my favorite team as I really liked their way of playing. Apart from the Patriots and the Jets I also like the San Francisco 49ers and I was very sad, when they lost to the Baltimore Ravens this Superbowl.

Any other NFL fans out there? If yes, what are you favorite teams and why?

Let me know!

2. Exovernian

Exovernian Member

I love the NFL! I have 3 teams that are my favorites, which are the Saints, Patriots, and 49ers. I've personally been to the superdome in New Orleans before, and it is amazing! It's actually kind of small, compared to the Alabama stadium in Tuscaloosa. If you like NFL, you should check out college football - in my opinion it's a lot better.

3. alfpt

alfpt Member

I don't watch American Football all that much, but I enjoy it when I watch on tv. I've only started watching it 2 years ago, first season I was able to watch some conference, playoffs and the Super Bowl, but this season I think I only watched the Super Bowl, and I became quite a fan of the Baltimore Ravens.

4. seeya555

seeya555 Member

Wow t must be amazing being at a real stage. I actually was in New York last September, but I didn't get to visit the Metlife Stadium.

I started watching a few college games every now and then last season and I must say that they're quite enjoyable. College players risk more, they do big plays more often etc. because they want to attract attention to make it to the NFL I think. But what really estranges me from college football is the system. There are so many teams, in so many divisions and there are so many bowls..it's just confusing. But I'll look into it next season.

5. AndrewC

AndrewC Member

Since I moved to the states I've been starting to get a little more into NFL I thought it was boring but after watching some really nice games specially the superbowl I've been getting really into it don't have a favorite team yet but I've been watching some really nice games, my favorite game was the superbowl game with the Baltimore Ravens that was an awesome game.

6. Creaky

Creaky Admin

I've seen the Super Bowl a couple of times, the games drag on to long for my liking.

7. seeya555

seeya555 Member

Well, if it was the last game then that may have been because of the power outage this year. That one disrupted the game for almost 40 minutes. But yes, sometimes games really last for a long time. I read somewhere, that in a game there is only about 12-15 minutes game time, the rest are just replays, players standing on the field, commercials and shots of the cheerleaders and the audience.

8. daym90

daym90 Member

Why don't you just watch rugby? They don't stop the game every 5 seconds, making the game way more fun.