1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Are you Loyal to Your Team?

Discussion in 'General Football News' started by bazzie89, Mar 27, 2013.

1. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

I have to say that I still support the same side that I started supporting when I was just five years old, donkey's years ago, no matter when I havve felt that things were not going great and, perhaps, they were not deserving of my support I just couldn't change, wasn't possible. However, I have mates who chop and change like the weather, almost dependant on who is flavour of the Month, one second Norwich, then Blackburn, Liverpool who ever.
    Do you stay loyal or have you "jumped ship" so to speak?

2. kateric99

kateric99 Member

I've been supporting the same team my father supported since I was little.
    I still somewhat support a second team, a local team, that competes in lower leagues. It's a joy to go to matches, because they don't take those games so seriously and everyone is always happy no matter what the score is in the end :)

3. alfpt

alfpt Member

Yes, I always do and will suport the same team. It was a passion passed to me by my grandfather. I once heard someone say that you can change work, home, wife, you can change anything, but you can't change your football club. I sometimes go to matches and get realy frustrated, but the passion for the club and what it stands for is always the same.

4. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I have been supporting Millwall since the time I went to the first game back in the 1987/1988 and I have never once stopped, no matter how badly they perform and how many leagues they drop down to. My entire family support West Ham and Arsenal which are two rival clubs to Millwall so you can see how popular I am in my family. :lol:

5. Creaky

Creaky Admin

I've been supporting the same team for a long time now. Started supporting them as a child and still support them now, don't get the chance to go to many games these days though.

6. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

An AC Milan fan since 2000 and never stopped supporting them since then. I see no reason to do that, since when the team is going through a bad period I really suffer it, just like I cherish the happy moments. In my opinion, that's how a true fan feels. :)

7. AndrewC

AndrewC Member

I've been supporting Chelsea for the longes time ever although I can't be as "loyal" as I'd like to be and attend one of their games since I'm on the other side of the world, I would have loved to watch a game with Drogba, Anelka and all that old team that was amazing, though I'm not saying the new one isn't I always liked that one the best, maybe one day I'll fly to the U.K for holidays during football season and try to catch a game!

8. I have been loyal to same team from my country for all of my life but with teams from other leagues like Premier i think i've changed my favourite team 1 or 2 times but i am pretty loyal to a team i only change my preference if i don't like the decisions that the team has been making

9. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

I've been following my team since I was a kid and I don't it at all, we keep on winning championships and cups, so it's all good!

As for other leagues, I've had teams that I've liked more before than now, but it's more the kind of soft spots for certain teams. No matter what though, I'll always support the underdogs.

10. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I must add that although I love the club that I have supported since a boy I am under no illusions as to how rubbish we are and will make jokes about them. My favourite is when people find out I support Millwall and I reply with "well, someone has to!" :)

11. krismania

krismania Member

The team that I support is Liverpool, even though they haven't performed very well recently. I have been their fan for several years now and that will never change. Even if they don't reach the Champions League ever again I will still be with them.