1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Arsenal: Arsene Wenger says he has never considered quitting

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Creaky, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Source: BBC Sport

2. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I am quite shocked that Arsene Wenger still has a job in an era where top clubs replace their manager if they do not deliver silverware (sometimes even if they do - Di Matteo), they haven't won anything since 2004 I believe! Plus they have sold off their best players and not invested the money in buying better ones. I am in the minority here but in a couple of years I can see them slipping into the kind of position Aston Villa are currently in.

3. Creaky

Creaky Admin

I'm not an Arsenal fan but I am surprised he's still there. Most other clubs would have changed manager quite a while ago

4. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

The only reason why they haven't sacked him is that every year he had to cope with the departures of his key players (Henry, Van Persie, Song, etc.) and he still kept Arsenal competitive. That is what I think at least :)

5. majikstone

majikstone Member

I'm a huge Arsenal fan, love everything about this club, and Arsene Wenger is still the heart of this club. I don't think he should leave. Admittedly, the club hasn't been performing well in the last few seasons, and and squad has slowly downgraded, which is disappointing, but the quality and potential is still there.

Hopefully, a new squad will be built around Wilshere, and we could get the EPL in the next couple of seasons.

6. LALucien

LALucien Member

Comon, the man is not only a credit to the team but to the entire game!
    Never have I known a more commited man in all my life. He's an inspiration to all men around the world in my opion.
    If more fathers were there for their sons the way Wenger has been there for his lad (yeah there have been ups and downs) I'm pretty sure we'd have a lot more young men who were well levelled out and in turn beter fathers themselves.

Maximum respect to Wenger mate!

7. Creaky

Creaky Admin

He does seem to have the best interests of the club in mind, just doesn't seem to have the right players at the moment.

8. I'm glad he decided to stay beacuse he is one of the few managers worldwide that proposes such a nice way of playing(even if arsenal isn't at it's best right now) and he's one of the few managers that has stayed in a club for so long. So i think that even if arsenal isn't playing well right now he should have the support from arsenal fans that he deserves

9. deebee

deebee Member

I think Arsene is great. Very happy to hear that he is still there. If it is not broke then do not fix it. That is how I feel. Stay strong Arsene. Your fans still love you and are here for you..

10. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

Have to say I can't stand the wingeing Wenger, always someone else's fault Arsenal lost,etc,etc. BUT, I have to say I think he is a great manager, I think, given the time, he will get Arsenal back on track, maybe they have been a tad unlucky re player departures, and I really do not know who they could realistically replace him with who could do a better job there. He still has a good eye for a bargain basement player as well.

11. cole_stanley

cole_stanley Member

Just read a story about this the other day, saying how Wenger has come out saying he is not afraid to spend any amount of money to build up a better team. I'm not too much of an Arsenal fan either, but a pet peeve of mine is managers or coaches getting the pink slip when their teams haven't been performing well. It's not always their fault. I think he's shown he's making an effort and is willing to continue making that effort.

12. Lee

Lee Member

Arsenal would be very stupid to replace Wenger. Tactically he is one of the best managers in the premier league. Hell, I can't remember seeing a manager as tactically aware for a long time. Maybe Brendan Rogers, he is good too or Sir Alex, another great. Wenger will be there forever, until he decides to leave himself - he will never be fired.

13. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

He may not be the best coach for Arsenal at the moment, but he love the club and to be honest, who would take his place? I can't see anyone taking his seat right now.

14. Lee

Lee Member

Depends whether Arsenal will depart with any cash for transfers. If they offer money to managers to buy players with, they could replace him no problems. Arsenal are still a very attractive English team. Arsne is an awesome manager though and they would be stupid to let him go. They just need to let him have a bit more financial freedom and bring in 4 or 5 new, world class players.

15. chels

chels Member

Is he really such a great manager? You could argue that half of his career at Arsenal has been a failure. He was very successful when he had a core of physically and mentally strong players but then he decided he wanted Arsenal to become the Barcelona of England and it has gone downhill from there. Almost 8-years without a trophy now.

16. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

Are you trying to say that Arsenal is his son? Or are you implying that his daughter looks like a man? :p