1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Atletico open door for Torres return

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Creaky, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Read more: Daily Mail

2. kateric99

kateric99 Member

I for one beleive he played at his peak during his Atletico Madrid days. Even though he was really good in Liverpool (and boy he was!), I can't help it but to think it was in Spain when he played the best.
    I currently don't follow La Liga (getting tired of a two-horse race), but I can easily see Torres back at Atletico, provided they have what's needed to snatch him.

3. alfpt

alfpt Member

If they have the money, and I believe they won't sell Radamel Falcao for less than he's worth, which is a lot for today's standards, they should get him. It would be great for him to go back again, to play for he's club, where everyone loves him and he will feel much more motivated.

4. kateric99

kateric99 Member

I agree. Torres has been an overall disappointment during his stay in Stamford Bridge.
    I'd really like to see the real Torres again, if not in England, then be it in Spain.
    I also agree with Falcao. Atletico bought it for way too much to just sell him cheap now. Even though I still think he is somewhat overhyped, I believe they can still sell him for a good amount while he's still hot.

5. alfpt

alfpt Member

To be honest I haven't seen Falcao play since he went to Atletico Madrid, because I don't watch much Spanish football, but his numbers speak for him: first season he was there he scored twenty four goals and in the second he has scored 21 so far in the league, but he's in the shadow of the crazy numbers Cristianp Ronaldo and Messi have each other. Also, I'm a bit concerned that moving to English football, which I believe he will, would be the best option for him and would suit his play, even thought he can score goals from everywhere and in any style.

6. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

If they are "forced" to sell Falcao, it will be for a good amount of money, and I see no reason why would they not spend half of that money (Chelsea will probably ask for 20/25 million euros for Torres) on Torres. They will need a real striker if they let go of Falcao, and although it may seem ridicolous to count on Torres to be a team's main striker right now, it may not prove that laughable in Spain, where the play is a lot more open than in England.

7. seeya555

seeya555 Member

I really hope Torres leaves Chelsea soon. It hasn't been working in the past and it probably won't in the future. It's just so sad seeing such a young and talented player, not having the chance to show what he can achieve. A move to La Liga would certainly be great, not only for him but also for Atlethico Madrid who will gain a capable striker, provided Torres can groove into Atlethico's playing stile again.

8. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

Wouldn't be surprised to see Torres back at Atlético even if Falcao stays there. He's not happy at Chelsea and needs some sort of "rebirth" and get close to the levels he was in before joining Chelsea.

9. Sants

Sants Member

I think that would be a great trade for both parties. Radamel Falcão is the best striker in Europe and if they have questions watch his games. He plays in Atlético and he does what he does, just look at Atletico team and tell me what other player there has quality to play in the best teams in Europe. He does almost everything himself.

The Atlético Madrid is already small for Radamel and could be a good club for Torres reappear.