1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Being Slated For Wearing a Football Shirt to a Match?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deansaliba, Apr 9, 2013.

1. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

Millwall are going to Wembley on Saturday and I am going with my brother and my girlfriend (it is her first every football game), I have been getting a lot stick and insults from fellow Millwall fans because we intend on going with replica shirts on and scarfs.

Apparently only mongs go to football matches wearing scarfs and replica shirts. In fact I took so much stick today that I finally snapped and posted this: "Proper getting mugged off by fellow Millwall fans for daring to wear a Millwall shirt and scarf to Wembley. I'll be the 6ft 3in 17 stone bald bloke wearing that and a jester hat, feel free to come up and have a word if you feel brave. :) "

Where did this come from? This new thing about being embarrassed to wear your team's colours at a football match?

2. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

Shouldn't be too hard to find you,eh? Big guy with a jester hat in the Millwall end, how many is that?A Dozen or so? ;)
    HaHa, only having a laugh, I'm a West Ham supporter so what d'you expect, lol.
    Anyway, good luck on saturday, you'll need it! :D

3. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

Hahaha love the banter between our two clubs. :D My entire family is West Ham so obviously they love me! :lol:

4. seeya555

seeya555 Member

Support your team and then getting insulted by the fans? Well that sure is some retarded logic. It doesn't matter how you support your team as long as you do it in my opinion.

5. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I think my club must be the ONLY club where you are discouraged from wearing a replica shirt or club scarf. If some of them had their way only people wearing Stone Island clothing would get into the ground on a Saturday.