1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Champions league

Discussion in 'UEFA Competitions' started by Creaky, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Who do you think will win the Champions league this year?

2. kateric99

kateric99 Member

I just hope it's not Barcelona :)
    Just kidding, the thing is I get tired of watching their football, even though I am perfectly aware of how lethal and accurate it is.
    However, if I were to place my cash (which I probably will eventually), I'd probably put my money on a Bayern Munich x Real Madrid final, with C. Ronaldo lifting the cup in the end.
    My personal favorite? I want Dortmund to win, just so it becomes more underdog-style for a change :)

3. netskee

netskee Member

I want Madrid to win, mostly because I'm portuguese and the thought of Mourinho and Ronaldo lifting that cup would be a great joy.
    Who I think will win is either Bayern or Juventus, they've been in really good shape this season. Madrid is very unstable and has been in and out of good shape, such as Barça.

4. kateric99

kateric99 Member

Are you perhaps a Porto fan?
    How did you see them being eliminated by Malaga? Even if you're not a Porto fan, you must've been cheering for them, right?
    I personally thought they were a better team, they just made too many mistakes in Spain.

5. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

I think Real Madrid are gonna win it, but I would like Borussia Dortmund to win, so that they could show that you can win a major competition by building your squad on youngsters and homegrown players and not only by buying superstars for big amounts of money. :)

6. Fancy

Fancy Member

I think it is going to be either Juve or Bayern. I am hoping that Madrid will win the league but the way we played against Manchester United over the two legs in the last game i do not think so. If Barcelona maintains their playing mode, for which they are having now as they did against Milan yesterday, I just have no doubt that they are one of the best contenders too. I think their defensive problems could cost them through out the game. However, if I had my pick I would pick Bayern. As per my judgments on how Juve plays I can say, that they lack a strong striker and that could cost them. It is just according to my judgments Let wait and see how it happens out.

7. seeya555

seeya555 Member

I think Bayern are gonna get it. After their performance against Juve today and after being frustrated about being second place in virtually everything (League, Cup and CL) last season, I think they are hot for some big trophies. That said, I also think both Real and Dortmund are gonna go through to the Semi-Finals and I wouldn't be surprised to see either of those teams in the final, if not winning the trophy.

Oh and also Barcelona. Always count in Barcelona.

8. Jacknot3d

Jacknot3d Member

I believe the final will be Real Madrid - Bayern Munique.

And I really want Cristiano Ronaldo to hold that cup in his hands among his teammates. It will not be easy because if there is an underdog there is a lack of responsibility so they could go extremely aggressive to the game.

9. derbestrafer

derbestrafer Member

I think the final is going to be Bayern M. - Real Madrid.
    nd I hope Bayern get it because they got a wonderful team and a great manager.

Real Madrid this year has been so inconsistent with their game, so I don't think they deserve it.

10. Brainerzor

Brainerzor Member

I really wanted to see Real Madrid winning this cup for once. But I'm afraid that they wouldn't survive a face to face with Bayern this year. Well, anything but Barcelona will be just fine to me to be honest.

11. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

I'd like to see Bayern or Dortmund win. I don't like Real Madrid or Barcelona and the others don't have a chance in my opinion.

12. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

Bayern couldn't win it last year against a fairly average side and I can see them just failing again this year. I think they"re succeptible to flair. They don't encounter these sort of teams on a week to week basis in the Bundesliga, just good well drilled teams, anything "off the wall" will undo them, Arsenal proved that in the away leg in Germany. See them making the final but losing to a side with a bit more creativity.
    I guess one should really, from a football sense, want to see Barca win but, personally, and I'm not too sure why, I want to see Real Madrid get it!

13. daym90

daym90 Member

There's a really good chance that Real will win this time. Barcelona and maybe Bayern could stop them, but I think Real has at this time the best squad of these 3. Dortmund is behind and already did a good result by reaching the semi's

14. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

Semi-final draw:

Bayern - Barcelona
    Dortmund - Madrid

What are your predictions?

15. Most people will say that Bayern or Barcelona but i really think that Real Madrid is going to be the champions beacuse they been doing a really great work in silence.Let's not forget that they beat Manchester and Galatasaray which are two powerful and nice playing teams and let's also not forget about Borussia they've been doing their job really well and i as a simpatizer i would love to see them win

16. bogdanbogdys

bogdanbogdys Member

Definitely Real Madrid. This team is in top shape this season !

17. chels

chels Member

I think Real Madrid will overcome Borussia Dortmund but it will not be easy. I'm not sure if Barcelona will beat Bayern Munich. Bayern Munich are arguably the best team in the world at the moment, they have dominated their league and they have played very well in Europe. I think Barcelona will struggle against Bayern. I fancy Bayern to beat Real Madrid in the final.