1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Chelsea v Manchester City

Discussion in 'FA Cup' started by chels, Apr 14, 2013.

1. chels

chels Member

Chelsea play Manchester City at Wembley in the semi-final today. It should be an exciting match with two good teams and lots of quality players.

I'm a Chelsea fan but I'm not confident on this one. I hope Silva is out, that would be a big loss for them.

What are your predictions for the game?

2. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Didn't see much of the game, Chelsea didn't seem to be there in what I did see.

3. chels

chels Member

City were much stronger in the first half. The Chelsea midfield and defence gave them so much space and it looked like it could be a rout. The Demba Ba goal changed the game, it was all Chelsea from then and Torres should have had a penalty at the end.

Not going into extra-time might be a blessing in disguise with a midweek league game coming up.

4. daym90

daym90 Member

City deserved to qualify, they were better. Plus, Chelsea have way too many problems to be able to play great football. In Europa League they barely qualified, with really mediocre play. Also, the City goalkeeper had a good game and help City qualify.

5. chels

chels Member

I agree, they were the better team. They have physically stronger and more experienced players. Chelsea are still in transition with a young team, it will take a while to compete with the likes of City for the title. However, Chelsea were denied a stonewall penalty and that would have taken the game into extra-time.

We played the second-leg against Rubin without our best players and the game was effectively won in the first 5-minutes.