1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Do Teams get a Share of the Gate at Wembley?

Discussion in 'FA Cup' started by deansaliba, Mar 18, 2013.

1. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

Can anyone tell me if Millwall and Wigan will get a share of the Wembley gate money when they meet in the semi final next month? They are charging £30-£60 a ticket and the gate is set to make about £2m-£2.5m. We didn't get a penny when we took 44,000+ Millwall fans to Wembley in to Auto Windscreen Sield in 1999/2000 season, I was wondering if the FA Cup was different?

2. Creaky

Creaky Admin

I think the FA cup is different, I'm sure I've heard tv commentators say the clubs get a share of the gate money.

3. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I hope so, I don't expect to get a share from the merchandise and food & drink that is sold in the ground, but it would be nice to get a share of the gate. Hopefully will be equal and will not favourr the Premier League club over the Championship club. :)

4. Fancy

Fancy Member

Not only is the FA cup different but it is true that it is quite difficult for them to get a share of all the commodities to be sold in the stadium. I have heard a similar story as ‘creaky above’ that proceeds from sale of tickets are shared among the playing clubs. If this story (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2267433/Aston-Villa-rejected-Bradfords-offer-share-Wembley-profits.html) is to go by, I have strong belief that such monies are shared though not in entirety as the stadium also needs its share for maintenance and administrative purposes. Am not sure about proceeds from sale of merchandise since it may be difficult to track with accuracy what items were sold.

5. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

Oh as I said I'm not expecting us to get anything from the merchandise and food, just a decent share of the gate money will satisfy me, I hope we get more as we are being over 32,000 and Wigan are only bringing about 15,000. :)