1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Do you think Sir Alex Ferguson would lead Man-U as long as it takes to beat Chelsea’s record?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Fancy, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Fancy

Fancy Member

Power is addictive! Sir Alex Ferguson wants to lead Man United to lead the club to win the 20th league title. As of today, the club is already 15 points clear Manchester city, which is 15 points behind the Manchester United. This is just near beating Chelsea’s 2005 win that was 95 points clear from the club that was in the second position. It is now clear that the Man United will win this year’s league. However, I doubt that they will beat Chelsea’s record.
    This scenario is likely to be repeated in future. Any coach wants to be certain on how his team would win in any league. I am certain that Sir Alex is not going to retire from the club any time soon, as he would want to beat Murinho’s 2005 record win. He must somehow be feeling inadequate that he has not been able to beat that record. Though there may have been a few draws and defeats, it is highly unlikely for Man-U to lose.
    Do you think Sir Alex would want to try as long as it takes to beat Chelsea’s record?

2. I don't think Chelsea are even on Fergies radar at the moment. All he cares about is winning this title but - more importantly - winning at least two more champs league titles to take Man Utd past Liverpool. He knows he can retire safely after that.

3. seeya555

seeya555 Member

I have to agree with you. As big as the rivalry between Chelsea and Manu may be, I don't think that Sir Alex is aiming only at beating their record. Sure it would be a nice thing to have on your list as a trainer, but I think he will be focusing on Europe next season.

4. cole_stanley

cole_stanley Member

It's like anything with sports...don't bring up the record. Just play your hardest regardless of what records are coming up. I'll use the analogy of baseball in America. When a pitcher is about to pitch a no-hitter, don't you dare mention it in front of anyone in the stadium!

5. BhavP

BhavP Member

Lets be honest here, Fergie loves to win but I don't think points records concern him. There is only one thing that does - trophies.

He will be bitterly disappointed with united's showing yesterday at Stamford Bridge and it pretty much means the end of United's season as the title is already in the bag, and anyone who thinks otherwise is clutching at a lot of straws.

As for his future it's pretty much granted that he won't quit until he has to in terms of health reasons or he beats Liverpool's 5 Champions League trophies, as well all know how much he hates Liverpool.

Personally I'd love for SAF to bow out with 6 champions league trophies in which he beats Barcelona in one of these finals. I guess a fan can dream!

6. cole_stanley

cole_stanley Member

Understatement of the year. Did you see his yelling at that ref? LoL