1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Does Manchester United really deserve to win Premier League ?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by donaldplozha, Apr 2, 2013.

1. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

I think they don't. But maybe it's just because I don't like them that much, so my opinion is kinda biased. What do you think ?

2. seeya555

seeya555 Member

I think they kind of do. They were kind of lacking in the defense, especially before the winter break, but the return of Nemanja Vidic certainly helped them to keep a few clean sheets recently. Also, the offense with Van Persie and Rooney is just incredible and even managed to score more goals than the defense conceded. Also, they weren't such big sell-outs as Man City and Chelsea so yeah I think they deserve the title, especially considering it was snatched away from underneath their nose last year.

3. daym90

daym90 Member

Of course they do! I'm not a fan of Manchester United as a club, but I really like some of their players and respect Ferguson. They currently have, without a doubt the best team in the premier league. Maybe they could have also been in the champions league quarterfinals if Ferguson would have played Rooney at the Manchester game. Rooney - van Persie is an awesome combination!

4. cole_stanley

cole_stanley Member

Why do you think they don't? Vidic's helped a lot, but I think they may have been able to pull it off without him. They're solid.

5. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

Of course they do, Man. City or Chelsea have been nowhere near the levels of last year and previous years, so they will probably win the title with merit.

6. Brainerzor

Brainerzor Member

I would be happier if Arsenal did it, but as long as they keep disappointing, Manchester United sound like a fair winner to me. As far as I know, they don't need huge money injections to be great exactly like Chelsea and City do.

7. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I'm not their biggest fan either but I think they have been consistent over the season and deserve to be at the top of the league.I think both Chelsea and Manchester City will be changing their managers for next season as I don't believe either of them gave anything more than a half-hearted effort to challenge.

8. I would say that they deserve it almost by being less rubbish than their usual rivals. Man City are still hungover from last years win;Chelsea not bothered because they won the Champs League last year and Spurs plus Arsenal are too lightweight.A pretty uninspiring season this year in the prem actually.

9. cole_stanley

cole_stanley Member

Haha! It comes down to stuff like this far too often.

10. Fancy

Fancy Member

Manchester united deserves all the reasons of winning this league. This is because with its performance in the last few seasons they have proved that they can actuary get away with this cup. Rio Ferdinand who is currently becoming the pride of the team can make them achieve a lot in this coming season. Manchester city failed to find their best form and unless Norwich City put in a highly impressive performance, there is no prove that they will get this cup. Although Chelsea is currently trying, I do not think they may make it to get away with the cup.

11. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

I think that the better question may have been "does any other team deserve to win the premiership this season"? Lot easier to answer,NO!
    Man Utd, love them or hate them, are some 15 points clear at the top, no other team has really come close to challenging them this season, don't understand why anyone could think that they don't deserve it? Best team by far over the course of the season.
    I am not a Man Utd supporter but, as a football supporter, you have to have total respect for what they have achieved over the years.

12. Yes they do, because they are the only team that keeps the same bases they've had since 20+ years ago. The same coach, many players have been there for a long time, the same strategies, and they seem to work perfectly for them. On the other hand, for instance, Manchester City has great players but since all are originally from different clubs and they don't have a defined playing style, you can clearly see how they do in an international competition like UEFA. Manchester United is the same solid team they have been for 20 years, you can see it in the confidence they bring with them to every stadium they play in.