1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Fantasy Premier League

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by seeya555, Mar 27, 2013.

1. seeya555

seeya555 Member

Who else here is playing the Barclay's Fantasy Premier League? For those of you who are not familiar with it: Basically you have a starting salary of 100m pounds that you have to spend on a complete team with players from the Premier League (two Goalkeepers, five defenders, five midfielders and five attackers). Out of your rooster you create a team, which will be rated based on each week's performance of it's real-life counterpart. The players compete against each other in leagues of up to twenty people and you can even win prizes like trips to London to watch a game if you are very high ranked. The points are seperated as followed :
    • Every player gets one point for each 45 minutes he plays. You can assign one player as captain who gets double the points. If a player gets a yellow card, he loses one point, for a red card he loses two.
    • For the Goalkeeper: A clean sheet is worth 4 points, three saves are worth 1 point. For every two conceded goals, he loses one points. For a saved penalty, 4 points are added.
    • For the Defenders: A clean sheet is worth 4 points as well. A goal gets a defender 6 points. And just like for the goal keeper, for every two conceded goals the defender loses 1 point. Additionally, an assist gives the defender three points.
    • For the Midfielders: A clean sheet is worth 1 point. For each goal scored, a midfielder gets 5 points. An assist is worth 3 points.
    • For the Attackers: A goal scored is worth 4 points. Per assist, an attacker gets 3 points.

Anybody out here playing? Any secret tips on players to get, or just general tips? Also post your team, I want to know who everybody else is playing.

My Team: GK: Mignolet (SUN) DEF: Shawcross (STK) Cameron (STK) O'Brien (WHU) MID: Johnson (NOR) Townsend (QPR) Bale (TOT) Carzola (ARS) ATT: Weimann (AVL) Suarez (LIV) Lambert (SOU)

Looking forward to your replies!

2. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Never really been one for fantasy leagues, got friends that play and they are always trying to get me to join. Resisted the temptation so far though

3. alfpt

alfpt Member

I do play in the Fantasy Premier League. I don't have any secret tips, or maybe I have, I have Suarez as captain and Michu as vice captain, so that has made me get quite a few points extra. It would be fun if we could set up fantasy league for this forum next season.

Here is my team for this week:
    GK: Vorm (SWA)
    DF: Ridgewell (WBA); Figueroa (WIG); Shawcross (STK); Riise (FUL)
    MF: Bale (TOT); Michu (SWA); Hernandez (SWA); Kagawa (MUN)
    ATT: Rodriguez (SOU); Suarez (LIV)

4. seeya555

seeya555 Member

A really good looking team mate! Yes I think a league for this forum next season would be quite the fun and hopefully we can create one.

I also had Michu for a very long time in my team, also as a vice captain, but recently he hasn't been able to neither score nor assist so I removed him until..well until he gets better I guess.

5. alfpt

alfpt Member

In the bench I also have Boruc (SOU), R Martin (NOR), Johnson (SUN) and Dzeko (MCI). If we were a real team, I think we could aim at the first half of the league, but the defense would be our weakest link. Yes, Michu has not been playing so well now, but he's a player I just simply adore to watch play, he became one of my favourite players quite quick, only two years ago I didn't even know he existed, so I keep him as vice-captain because I have faith in him. I actually changed him as vice-captain for Bale one or two weeks ago, but Bale did a horrble game, so I changed right away.