1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Favorite Football Film

Discussion in 'Film' started by seeya555, Apr 3, 2013.

1. seeya555

seeya555 Member

Talk about Football themed movies? Which one's are good and which one would you recommend?

My favorite is probably "Bend it like Beckham", the tale of a young, English-Indian girl who wants to play football against her parent's will.

One that I wanted to watch for a long time is "Shaolin Soccer", from 2001. It's an, over the top ridiculous mash up of Football and Kung-Fu like fighting scenes.

Oh and the last one is called "Pelada". It's about some pick-up football games all around the world. Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfLEcfH8OL4

2. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Escape To Victory

3. seeya555

seeya555 Member

Haven't seen that one. What is it about? Why do you recommend it?

4. Creaky

Creaky Admin

5. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

My favourite is called "The Other Final".

It's about a match, played in the morning of the 2002 World Cup final, between the two worst ranked teams at the time: Bhutan and Montserrat. The movie talks about the countries, the players, the teams and in the end the game, which was played in Bhutan.

It's all on Youtube, every one should watch it.

6. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

Oh Escape to Victory is a classic!

My favourite is actually one that a lot of people might not be aware of, it is called I.D. and was released in 1995. It is about two police officers who are sent undercover to try and find the people who organise football violence, one of the officers becomes so involved that he becomes one of the top boys.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113375/

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y26VMm4L7o

7. Jacknot3d

Jacknot3d Member

Goal, for sure :)

I don't remember exactly which one of the three I prefer the most...

But I must say I don't see many soccer movies.

8. deebee

deebee Member

My favorite football movie to date is Any Given Sunday starring Jamie Foxx. I think it was such a well written script. The cast was put together nicely. Jamie Foxx is such a great actor. I find him hilarious. He is extremely talented. His voice is beautiful. I wish he would sing to me personally lol. The script had very funny moments in it. The sad scenes were very sad. My favorite parts are the tackles. Everything about the film was well done and looked realistic. If you have not seen this movie, you have no idea what you are missing. Check it out and let me know if you feel the same way.

9. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

Wrong type of football mate. Maybe you should've checked what kind of forum this was before posting. ;)

10. krismania

krismania Member

I don't know if that film has a name and if it does what it is, but I liked the documental film for Cristiano Ronaldo. I watched it on YouTube. The film covers a several aspects of C.Ronaldo's life - his early years, debuts and most importantly his career development. I enjoyed it, as I've been his fan ever since the European Championship in Portugal in 2004.