Favorite Football Film

seeya555

Talk about Football themed movies? Which one's are good and which one would you recommend?

My favorite is probably "Bend it like Beckham", the tale of a young, English-Indian girl who wants to play football against her parent's will.

One that I wanted to watch for a long time is "Shaolin Soccer", from 2001. It's an, over the top ridiculous mash up of Football and Kung-Fu like fighting scenes.

Oh and the last one is called "Pelada". It's about some pick-up football games all around the world. Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfLEcfH8OL4

alexqueiros

My favourite is called "The Other Final".

It's about a match, played in the morning of the 2002 World Cup final, between the two worst ranked teams at the time: Bhutan and Montserrat. The movie talks about the countries, the players, the teams and in the end the game, which was played in Bhutan.

It's all on Youtube, every one should watch it.

deansaliba

Oh Escape to Victory is a classic!

My favourite is actually one that a lot of people might not be aware of, it is called I.D. and was released in 1995. It is about two police officers who are sent undercover to try and find the people who organise football violence, one of the officers becomes so involved that he becomes one of the top boys.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113375/

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y26VMm4L7o

Jacknot3d

Goal, for sure :)

I don't remember exactly which one of the three I prefer the most...

But I must say I don't see many soccer movies.

deebee

My favorite football movie to date is Any Given Sunday starring Jamie Foxx. I think it was such a well written script. The cast was put together nicely. Jamie Foxx is such a great actor. I find him hilarious. He is extremely talented. His voice is beautiful. I wish he would sing to me personally lol. The script had very funny moments in it. The sad scenes were very sad. My favorite parts are the tackles. Everything about the film was well done and looked realistic. If you have not seen this movie, you have no idea what you are missing. Check it out and let me know if you feel the same way.

alexqueiros

deebee said:
My favorite football movie to date is Any Given Sunday starring Jamie Foxx. I think it was such a well written script. The cast was put together nicely. Jamie Foxx is such a great actor. I find him hilarious. He is extremely talented. His voice is beautiful. I wish he would sing to me personally lol. The script had very funny moments in it. The sad scenes were very sad. My favorite parts are the tackles. Everything about the film was well done and looked realistic. If you have not seen this movie, you have no idea what you are missing. Check it out and let me know if you feel the same way.
Wrong type of football mate. Maybe you should've checked what kind of forum this was before posting. ;)

krismania

I don't know if that film has a name and if it does what it is, but I liked the documental film for Cristiano Ronaldo. I watched it on YouTube. The film covers a several aspects of C.Ronaldo's life - his early years, debuts and most importantly his career development. I enjoyed it, as I've been his fan ever since the European Championship in Portugal in 2004.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.