1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

FERGIE'S TOLD: £70M FOR BALE

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Creaky, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Source : Daily Star Sunday

2. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

Tottenham will need to be part of next season's Champions League, as Bale has made it clear he wants to play for a club participating in the Champions League. If they don't succeed into making the group phase, then they may forget Bale and the 70 million pounds, because the player himself will want to leave and the player's will holds a very important place in every negotiation in football.

English clubs are crazy though. 70 million pounds is around 85 million euros and that's just too much for a player, really, I think so. I would at most pay 40 million euros for him.

3. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Players wages and transfer fees have got silly these days, not sure anyone warrants that sort of money.

If Spurs finish in top 4 I think he'll stay, if not he will be on the move.

4. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

They have to reach the group phase of Champions League if they want to keep hold of Bale. Doesn't serve them anything if they are fourth and then they crash out in the preliminary Champions League round.

5. majikstone

majikstone Member

Cristiano Ronaldo went for a similar price, and look at what his transfer meant for United. IMHO, their squad has been getting worse ever since. Right now, their only superiority is in their spirit and discipline and a few talented outstanding stars (RvP mainly, Rooney as well, but he has been played deeper recently).

Anyway, whoever wants to make big transfers, now is the time to do it, with UEFA regulations soon to be introduced.

6. weatherman

weatherman Member

I'm not sure he's worth 70M, (I don't think anyone is worth that) but it's a good way to say "hands off". Bale is invaluable to Spurs so they better keep him happy and qualify to the CL. As for united, I agree that they still haven't quite recovered from losing ronaldo, although rvp is doing great in my opinion.
    Do you guys think they'll try going for ronaldo? Word is that he isn't too happy in real madrid. Real madrid on the other hand, probably has the funds to go after Bale. Just not sure what that would mean for ronaldo.

7. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

Well I guess that if you potentially have the choice of signing Christian Ronaldo for around 70 million with Nike hinting that a way could be found to help that situation occurr ;) as it would suit them, rather than have a player they sponsor running around in an Addidas jersey, C.R, a player totally proven at top level for a number of years, or on the other hand, fork out 70 million from your own pocket for Gareth Bale, admittedly a player who has come on leaps and bounds this season, but may just not come on from this, may lose his pace due to injuries etc, and, lets face it, blistering pace is what makes him, as it did Michael Owen and a few others, I know which way I would go!
    Ronaldo back to United, Bale to Madrid?? Who knows?