1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Footballer's and Twitter!!

Discussion in 'General Football News' started by bazzie89, Apr 7, 2013.

1. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

What d'you think?
    The number of Pro footballers getting themselves into trouble through their postings on Twitter! Seems most of them do not have enough brain cells to know what is good to say and what is bad.
    See this quote from Mr. Di Canio this week that Rio Ferdinand has spent more time on Twitter in the last few years than he has on a football pitch! Lol.
    Given the trouble some of these "superstars" have whipped up on Twitter comments might it be a good idea if they run them past someone before posting?

2. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

Agreed, footballers should be more careful about what they write and think twice about posting something on any social media network, not just Twitter. Sometimes it really looks like they're missing a screw or two.

3. Creaky

Creaky Admin

It's not only footballers, seems quite a few celebs get into trouble on twitter.

4. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

As far as I am concerned Twitter is the same as a player going onto a radio show or doing and interview in a newspaper and moaning and complaining, they used to get fined for that kind of thing, some managers have even gone so far as to BAN their players from Twitter. I don't know if I'd go that far butt they certainly need to be made careful of what they are saying.