1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Futsal fans?

Discussion in 'Other Sport' started by kateric99, Mar 24, 2013.

1. kateric99

kateric99 Member

Does anyone here like to watch futsal games?
    From what I see, this sport is more popular in Mediterranean Europe and South America. It's still slowly appearing in countries like England, Germany, France and most of Eastern Europe.
    A few months ago we had a Futsal World Cup organized by FIFA, and it was pretty entertaining.
    Brazil ended up winning the trophy, after a great match against Spain, if I recall correctly.

Anyway, what are your opinions on Futsal? Do you watch it?

2. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Not something I've ever watched, not sure it's ever been on UK television

3. alfpt

alfpt Member

I watch it sometimes, it's quite big here in Portugal, even thought there are only two big teams capable of winnig the title, Sport Lisboa e Benfica and Sporting Clube de Portugal. I am not the biggest fan of the sport, maybe because it's always those two teams that win every year, or maybe because I think it's a very quick sport, but it sure is entertaining to watch those two teams play each other, there are always lot's of goals and emotion.

4. kateric99

kateric99 Member

I've only come to know about the sport through FIFA Street, the game that had a Futsal game mode.
    It really is an entertaining sport, it's as if football was adapted to be played as fast as basketball.
    I'm following more each year.