1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Hello!

Discussion in 'New recruits' started by alfpt, Mar 22, 2013.

1. alfpt

alfpt Member

Hello everyone!
    My name is António and I am from Portugal. I absolutely love football, I can say I am crazy about it. I support Sporting Clube de Portugal, but I also love watching games from other countries. I like watching Borussia Dortmund games, I like Real Sociedad from Spain and I am completely addicted to the Premier League, but I don't support any clube there.

Best regards,
    António.

1 person likes this.
  2. weatherman

weatherman Member

Hello and welcome Antonio, I'm new here as well.
    I hope I'll see you around on forums, maybe you can tell me about football in Portugal. We are at least like minded in some things, I also like Borussia Dortmund and the Premier League, altough I do have a preferred team there, the Hammers!

I'll see you around, cheers!

3. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Welcome to both of you :)

4. alfpt

alfpt Member

Thanks for the welcome. I sure can tell you more about Portuguese fooball. Even thought we don't have the most competitive legue you can find, there are some teams and games that are worth watching, and we have a lot of quality players, that's evident in the players that leave our championship to play in the best teams in the world, and in our national team quality, we have been doing good European and World championships, despite qualifying by playoffs, like the qualification for the next World Cup, in Brazil, where we are third, behind Russia and Israel. Borussia Dortmund is just a great team to watch, and their fans are one of the best in the world, it's a joy to see that their stadium is always full. I want to go there and watch a game.
    Anything you want to ask about Portuguese football, be my guest!

Best regards,
    António.

5. kateric99

kateric99 Member

Greetings Antonio,
    I hope you enjoy your stay :)

6. Fancy

Fancy Member

Welcome to the best football forum I have seen so far. I am also new since I just joined yesterday. It is my hopes that you will contribute actively towards the success of this forum. Am eagerly waiting to hear from you about the quality of football games played in Portugal. Is it anything close to the EPL? I am not from Europe so I only watch the games on TV. I look forward to sharing information on the level of football in my country. I come from Africa. Maybe we can organize for a few transfers! I think it is going to be a good experience exchanging views with other football lovers without getting emotional. I dream of attending a Manchester and Barcelona game one day by the way!

7. Jacknot3d

Jacknot3d Member

Oh look a colleague!!

Nice to see somebody from my homecountry here!

Bayern Munique is my choice regarding German League, I believe it's a better team overall.