1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

How to get England to win the World Cup!!

Discussion in 'Fifa World Cup' started by bazzie89, Apr 11, 2013.

1. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

I have a cunning plan ;)
    What happens is this, take one crap premiership team, i.e; Wigan (apologies to Wigan supporters, needed someone for my plan) Sack all their players and then "force" all the other clubs to sell them the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Defoe, etc, etc, then get Gareth Bale to change nationality, getting better now :) Could try Ronaldo & Messi but might be pushing it at that.
    Anyway, all these "Great" English players then play together week in, week out in the Premiership, Fantastic!!
    What d'you mean? Wigan finally relegated?
    What d'you mean?? It didn't work for the Russsians :blink:

2. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

The solution is simple: Lower the expectations. England always go into the WC thinking their going to win it and then are surprised as to why they didn't win it in the end. But it's something common in many countries, Portugal also suffers from that problem.

3. Be embarrasing if Wigan failed to win the title though! :lol:

In all seriousness, Englands style of footy is too fast to survive a two week competition where you may end up playing 7 games. The players dont have the technoical nous to slow play down and hold the ball; after 3 or 4 passes its 'hoof and chase'.

4. Creaky

Creaky Admin

We seem to think we are going to automatically win, honestly cant see that happening for a long time to come yet.

5. I could never understand why england does so bad in the World Cup i mean in South Africa they stoled their victory but in general they go to the world cup with great expectations and then they just lose...i dont know if the problem is that they just dont work as a team but well they have of the most solid teams in the world

6. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

Watch this, this is Barcelona's under 11s giving Arsenal's under 11s a lesson in football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DThjb_XyyoU

This is why we won't be world beaters anytime soon until we change the way we train our kids.

7. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

Surprised to see Under-11's playing 11-a-side football. In the championships here, Under-11's play 7-a-side matches.

8. krismania

krismania Member

If I have to be honest, I don't really see England winning the upcoming world cup in Brazil. I've never seen them dominating and determined to win in the past years. Their management must take measures and make changes if they want them ever lift the world cup again.

9. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

Agreed. They need to find an adequate manager who can adapt easily to the style of play and also, is able to motivate the players and keep them together for long enough to actually win something.

10. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I don't think a good manager is enough, I just don't believe we have the player quality.

I was surprised as well but it seems to work in other countries who produce star players.

11. daym90

daym90 Member

England always seem to have good players, but never a good team. Back in the 2002 and 2006 I tought England would make a good impression at the World Cups but they never played any decent football. In the Premier League they play good, but when it comes to International games, they just can't preform. Look at France, Italy, they got a leagues that are somewhat similar to England, but the national teams have had way better results. The amazing national teams in Europe at the moment are Spain and Germany,

12. bogdanbogdys

bogdanbogdys Member

England has top individual players but as as a national team they are not as good as they are at the club teams. Maybe they just need to create a better relation between them.