1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Inverness suffer double blow

Discussion in 'Scottish Premier League' started by Overdoze, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Overdoze

Overdoze Member

Inverness face being without goalkeeper Ryan Esson and centre-back Gary Warren for the bulk of the run-in.
    [​IMG]

Esson went off with a thigh injury in Caley Thistle's victory over Ross County, which sealed their place in the SPL's top six, while Warren has picked up a knee injury.
    Manager Terry Butcher said: "Ryan is going to be out for four to six weeks with a torn thigh muscle.
    "Gary Warren is going to be out for four to six weeks with a (strained) lateral ligament on the outside of his knee."
    Antonio Reguero, who has held talks with Kilmarnock over a summer move, will deputise for Esson when Inverness face Hibernian at Easter Road on Saturday.
    But former Hibs captain Chris Hogg looks likely to be made to wait for his first-team return, despite appearing for the under-20s following his cruciate ligament injury.
    Butcher said: "He is doing well. He has a lot to go in terms of sharpness and timing and instinct - he has been out for a year.
    "But Danny Devine is ready to step in. He has played very well for the first team and just signed a new contract."

2. cole_stanley

cole_stanley Member

I know who I'm betting to win on Friday then...ICT's hopeless now.

3. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

It is going to be harder without those two but I still fancy us to finish the campaign strongly and claim a European place.:) Especially with the on-form Billy McKay leading the attack. :)