1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Last film seen?

Discussion in 'Film' started by Creaky, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Creaky

Creaky Admin

What was the last film you went to see at the cinema?

2. Ohh I think it must be Transformer. Its been a long time now since I have visited the cinema. It cost a lot of money so we prefer to stay and watch it at home.

3. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Not been to the cinema for months now, normally wait for films to come out on bluray and then watch them.

4. I cant blame you at all. The amount of money they charge you to see pictures is just unbelievable.

5. weatherman

weatherman Member

The last film I've seen was Argo, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Besides keeping me on the edge of my seat for the duration of the film, one cannot help but admire how that time is accurately portrayed by the director. The film really feels "old". Overall, I think it's a great effort from Ben Affleck, who is proving to be a great director with each film he releases (The Town was also great, in my opinion)
    Have you guys seen Argo? Do you think it deserved the Oscar?

6. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Not seen Argo so couldn't comment.

A few films I really want to see this year, the new Star Trek and Iron Man films among them.

7. weatherman

weatherman Member

Yeah, I liked star trek when I was younger, but it wasn't my favorite sci-fi show. I've always been more of a Star Wars fan. Always thought that the quality of star wars surpassed star trek. Not that I didn't like star trek, but well, it was just a matter of taste. But it's funny how recently, even though I enjoyed most of the more recent star wars episodes (episodes I, II and III) I have to say that the recent star trek movie was out of this world! (pun intended) One's always afraid of remakes and how producers might ruin a beloved story, but I'm really looking forward to the next star trek.

8. LALucien

LALucien Member

Last film in the cinema was die hard ( a good day to). Verdict... Played out and boring really :(
    Never bin a die hard die hard fan (sorry couldn't help myself) but my mates convinced me that this was going to be the one to change that... Well it wasn't. It was all so cliched and ott shooting action. I don't know what I was expecting as I know that's what due hard is about but for some reason I just thought that the series would have evolved a little in some way over the last 10 years... It hasn't.

9. weatherman

weatherman Member

Well if you didn't like the first one (which is one of the best action movies in my opinion) I could have told you you weren't going to enjoy any other die hard. I understand that not everyone is that into action movies, but the first one is generally considered the best in this series of films. As much as I like the die hard films and Bruce Willis, the last two seem to be more a money grab than anything else. I still will watch this last one, just haven't had the chance yet!

10. kateric99

kateric99 Member

The last movie I saw was Movie 43, and to anybody reading this reply that wants to see it as well, please take my word for advice, and do NOT do it.
    Such a waste of time, such awkward humor, it looked as though I was watching a screenplay written by a clueless teenager.
    If any of you have seen it, well since it's already done, what did you think of it?

11. alfpt

alfpt Member

The last film I went to see at the cinema was The Life of Pi. I actually enjoyd it, I usually get a bit frustrated of going to the cinema because I think the films aren't worth the money I'm paying for them, so I was glad I liked this one.

12. seeya555

seeya555 Member

I also watched one of the Oscar nominated movies: Les Miserables. I really adored it, even though I don't think Anne Hathaway deserved to win the Oscar for supporting actress. My favorite character in the movie was Sasha Baron Cohen. He was, as always, very funny, but he also sung pretty well which kind of surprised me.

13. AndrewC

AndrewC Member

I usually never go to the movies, last time I went there after around 7-8 years was in december when my girlfriend forced me to go watch The Hobbit in 3D with her, I have to say I loved the movie, I've always been a huge Lord of the Rings fan and the Hobbit was packed with action and the characters were all great, I really liked the movie although I don't see me going back to the cinemas at all, I just hate it.

14. daym90

daym90 Member

I was last weekend at the cinema with a bunch of friends to see GI Joe Retaliation. A cool movie! Would definitely recommend if you like action movies!

15. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Keep seeing posters for this around town, didn't really like the first one though.