1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Liverpool go out of Europa League

Discussion in 'UEFA Competitions' started by Creaky, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Liverpool have gone out of the Europa League tonight? Any Liverpool fans what did you think of the match?

2. kateric99

kateric99 Member

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but I've seen the match like many of us did. And boy, what a match that was (the Anfield one).
    I was thinking I'd see a beautiful comeback, but in the end they disappointed.
    Europa League is going to be a tough cookie this year, I can easily see Spurs, Lazio or Benfica lifting the cup in Amsterdam.

3. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Only needed 1 more goal, to be honest didn't think we would get any after the first match. Hope one of the English teams wins the competition.

4. kateric99

kateric99 Member

I'm standing from a neutral point, and I have to say Liverpool played really well in the second leg.
    In my opinion Zenit just took advantage of their own turf (atmosphere, weather, etc) to win the first leg. They aren't really a solid team, and that was shown in the second leg.
    I think Tottenham have really good chances of winning the Europa League, if you ask me. Villas Boas seems to know how to win them, maybe he'll do it again.