1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Martin O'Neill: I did not deserve Sunderland sacking

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Creaky, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Source: BBC Sport

2. alfpt

alfpt Member

He did save Sunderland from relegation last season, but he knows his job is all about the results. Sunderland were not getting the results needed to secure promotion and were not playing football that could save them.

3. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

He should know by now that this is a results industry, it isn't about what you HAVE done it is about you are doing right now.

Having said that did anyone see how much better they played against Chelsea?

4. LALucien

LALucien Member

deansaliba makes some valid points there.
    I'd agree that, it isn't always about where you've been and what you've done.
    I'm sure we've all seen managers come from a good record only to perform shockingly at a new club (Not mentioning any names!).
    It is all about what he's gonna do now and what he's gonna bring to the table and get the ball rolling (Pun totally intended!)

5. seeya555

seeya555 Member

Maybe the management of Sunderland actually expects Di Canio to actually change something about Sunderland's position, but I think it will take some time. O'Neill's sacking was too early in my opinion; as long as he could have prevented relegation, I think he should have stayed.