1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Millwall "Fans" let themselves down!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bazzie89, Apr 14, 2013.

1. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

2. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I was there.

The fight started because two warring families bumped into each other in the same stand and went at it. The fighting escalated because innocent women and children were being hit by these idiots and the dads and husbands had little choice but to defend them because the stewards and the police stood by for over THIRTY minutes and watched the fighting before they decided to go in and sort it out.

Why did they wait so long? I don't buy the excuse "it takes us that long to get into the stand" because there was a gate into the stand right next to where the police and stewards were standing, I saw two policemen jokingly jostling each other to get a better view. From where I was I could see kids crying and looking terrified as the police just looked on.

I would like to point out that these idiots are not the fans you will find down The Den at our next game or at an away game on a freezing Tuesday night, these are the fools who jump on when we have a big game and revel in our reputation as a hard club.

I had two arguments that day with idiots:

Walking up Wembley Way (I will still call it that!) we were mingling with Wigan fans and I saw a Wigan fan with his two young sons singing their Wigan songs with pride and then some 18 year old pissed up prat threatened to "ping 'em" if they didn't stop singing those song. I told him to either have a go at me or behave himself and walk on, I was promptly backed up by at least a dozen other Millwall fans who made the lad apologise.

In the toilets some coked-up moron was barging into everyone and knocked a young boy (no older than 8) flying, his dad had a go at him and the moron and a couple of his mates were shouting about how the dad wasn't "real Millwall" and they were gonna "smash him", they soon scarpered when a few of us stepped in.

Bare in mind that Millwall took 32,000+ to Wembley and only 12 arrests were made, even if you consider it to be 30 that the media is reporting that doesn't mean that ALL Millwall fans were involved. Millwall FC do MORE to try and eradicate not only fighting but also racism from its club than any other club in the world, but every time we take a step forward idiots like this come out of the woodwork and send us right back to square one again.

I hope we get a good amount of money from the gate because we will need it to pay the huge fine that is coming, although I still want answers on why the police waited over 30 minutes before doing anything.

3. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

Hi Deansaliba
    Good to hear back from you on this, I kept looking on the footage for someone wearing a jesters hat, lol. Thought you may be doing a bit of bird right now.
    Nice to know your safe and sound and still a free man!
    Shame about the score!

4. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

Thankfully I was near the halfway line, I almost had a punch up with my missus who wouldn't let me wear the hat until I sulked. :lol: Good job we didn't come to blows, my missus would have kicked my head in! :lol:

5. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

Millwall fans are still the warst kind of fans in British football, and even though the club is trying to fix that, it'll be pretty hard for them to keep those fans away.

6. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

What you have to remember is these people are not proper football fans, they enjoy connecting themselves to the club because of the reputation. There was worse trouble in Newcastle but there wasn't as much coverage of that in the papers and on Sky News.

If we called ourselves something like Millwall Pansies and wore a pink kit this might put the morons off from coming to the games and causing trouble. :p

7. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

Not sure you can just single out any one club, I think most clubs have this lunatic element. That goes not just for British clubs, plenty of trouble in France, Italy, Germany, Holland, in fact everywhere. At the end of the day a football crowd is just a microscopism of society, it just mirrors what is going on all around us. 99% of people getting on with their lives and not causing any real problems for others, but always someone ready to cause trouble.

8. chels

chels Member

A few fans had a punch up, it's not a big deal. The moral outrage over trivial incidents like this makes me cringe. I really couldn't care if a few fans want to have a scuffle. Modern football has become sanitised to the point where minor incidents are treated like great tragedies.

9. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

This is very true, at the end of the day a few people had a row and had a punch-up and it happens at a lot of grounds every week all over the world. I think it was just unfortunate that the camera were in town to capture it.

10. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I don't know a lot about football abroad but I've been told that the trouble at matches in places like Eastern Europe are pretty much what it was like here in the 80s.

11. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

Haha, you're right. But I still think that getting rid of these so-called "football fans" will take a lot of time and hard work.

12. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

Personally I think it will be impossible, a bit like eradicating homophobia or racism, but it looks good to the media to see clubs trying to halt it. :)