1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Mourinho in London

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by netskee, Mar 25, 2013.

1. netskee

netskee Member

I saw an article on a portuguese paper stating that he was in London and that he said, when he was in Setubal, that he might go back to somewhere he has coached before.
    Could he be the one coming for Rafa's place?
    What do you think of this?

The Blues can dream...

2. alfpt

alfpt Member

I think going to Madrid was a big mistake for Mourinho. It's clear that he's place is in the Premier League, because he's the best coach in the world and the Premier League is the best league in the world. I would like to see him in command of Manchester United, but Sir Alex Ferguson still has some years left in football, so Chelsea would be a good idea. They have the millions, the fans like him, he could make a very good squad and win titles again.

3. kateric99

kateric99 Member

I've read now that he as a pre-contract of 3 years with Chelsea FC.
    If this is true, Chelsea fans must be jumping in excitement right now.
    It really is a good thing for football in general though, I am actually tired of seeing such a talented talent in a team as messy as Real Madrid.

4. alfpt

alfpt Member

If that is true, than I also believe it's a great news for Chelsea and for football in general because, like I said above, he made a mistake by going to Real Madrid, even thought he was able to get the title, but in a league where you have one of the best teams ever playing, like Barcelona, and the rest of the clubs aren't really that a match for Barça and Real Madrid, doesn't favour Mourinho. Going to a more competitive league is really what he needs right now.

5. Creaky

Creaky Admin

He will return to the Premier league at some point, personally don't think it will be with Chelsea. I'm probably wrong on that though.

6. alfpt

alfpt Member

He gave an interview the other day, when he came to Portugal to inaugurate an exposition of his life in football, that his next step would be returning to a place where he had been a coach before. I don't see him going back to Italy to manage Inter Milan, and as Rafa Benitez is leaving in the end of the season, I think Mourinho will be returning to London. If he goes to Italy than it will be a disappointment for me, because I want to see him in the Premier League again.

7. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

Smoke and mirrors maybe? Mourinho loves it! One of his greatest talents is knowing how to manipulate his own publicity. I for one, somehow, cannot see him back at Chelski. In some ways that would be like getting Abramhovich to admit that he made a mistake getting shot of him, and there is more chance of the Pope announcing he's getting married then Abramhovich saying he made a mistake. One thing for certain, Benitez won't be getting an extension!

8. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

I don't see Chelsea getting Mourinho. I see Chelsea getting Advocaat or that type of coach rather than Mourinho. I can't tell where his next destination will be though, but it depends a lot on whether he will be able to win the Champions League with Real Madrid this season or not.

9. kateric99

kateric99 Member

I just hope he doesn't end up in PSG or Manchester City.
    France league is no better than the Portuguese League, and he already won a lot there. He liked to prove the world how he can win everywhere, and France is just not appealing.
    About City, I don't really like the club, so this is a personal opinion. I'm not from England, so I can't really say: does City have a lot of fans?

10. Sants

Sants Member

I don't think he'll go to PSG. They have a good team but "Ligue 1"?? I think that would be too easy and international competitions too hard...
    I think next season he will still stay at Real Madrid.

11. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

Manchester City was my prediction, I don't think he will go back to manage Chelsea as he didn't exactly get on with the boss did he? And we all know who the boss wants in charge.

12. Sants

Sants Member

When he returns to England should be to take Manchester United.
    And as Sir Alex Ferguson doesn't come out for next season he will not yet for England.
    I'm pretty sure about that!

13. Fancy

Fancy Member

Although it is vital to accept words spoken by people and their relations with all people, it is also possible that he is using all this attention as concealment to, climatically, get what he wants at Real Madrid. As a fact, I do not see why Jose would leave Real Madrid, as he is one amongst the best-paid club managers all over the world. I definitely predict that if anything happens Jose may join Manchester city although I cannot explain why I just feel it. However, the most probabilities are that he may be in Real Madrid in the next season. The pay aside, I think Jose likes English teams so he might have some soft spot for Man City if not his first love Chelsea!l Lol

14. seeya555

seeya555 Member

God knows what Abramovic is planning to do next, but I think at this point, especially for the fans, anyone is a better coach than Rafa Benitez. It was a really stupid decision to fire a Champion's League winning coach in the first place, but then replacing him with someone who said that he'd never go to Chelsea was even worse. I think the fans would be quite satisfied with Mourinho who has been very successful in the past.

15. Jacknot3d

Jacknot3d Member

French league is worse than Portuguese League... French are buyers, and Portuguese are sellers because we own tallent in our teams. (Yes, I am portuguese)

Mourinho will probably end up in Premier League but some team as Manchester CIty to earn his final big cash then we will move forward to coaching the portuguese football team.