1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Mourinho, Pandev and the FIFA scandal

Discussion in 'General Football News' started by kateric99, Mar 24, 2013.

1. kateric99

kateric99 Member

Have you heard about the recent scandal regarding FIFA's nomination for Best Coach of the Year?
    Basically it goes like this:

- Del Bosque is nominated
    - Mourinho claims a lot of players and other coaches phoned him saying they voted for him, yet the vote went to Del Bosque
    - Pandev publicly assumes he voted for Mourinho but it showed as a Del Bosque vote
    - FIFA claims it's false
    - FIFA releases the vote with Pandev's signature
    - Pandev claims it's forged
    - Mourinho publicly thanks Pandev for the courage of standing up to FIFA

What do you think of all this?

Latest articles:
    http://www.marca.com/2013/03/23/en/football/international_football/1364027767.html
    http://pt.soccerway.com/news/2013/March/23/mourinho-grateful-for-pandev-gesture/

2. netskee

netskee Member

Yeah, people in Portugal seem to be kinda pissed about this.
    Some even say Messi got some shady votes too, everyone was expecting Cristiano to win or at least to be really close on point margin after his great season last year but oh well, nothing can be done now.

3. kateric99

kateric99 Member

I'm quite sure something can still be done. If Pandev really is telling the truth, which I'm quite positive he is, this could result in a massive blow for UEFA and FIFA.
    Their reputation is already at stake as of now - after this, it would be completely gone.
    I seriously hope something is done. I'm tired of seeing football being corrupted by people like these.