1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Nigel Adkins takes over as Reading manager

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Creaky, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Source: BBC Sport

2. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I think Adkins is their second choice, Maybe Di Canio turned them down? I like Adkins' track record but I started to dislike him when he took over at Southampton in League One because he would never put his hands up and admit his team were beaten fairly, he would regularly throw tantrums and refuse to give interviews when his team lost.

I don't think he can save them.

3. Creaky

Creaky Admin

I think they are too far behind to stay up, if you're going to change manager they should have done it sooner to give him more of a chance.

4. alfpt

alfpt Member

I have to say I didn't understand why he was sacked from Southampton in the first place, they were starting to play well, gain form and getting results.With just eight games to go, I don't really believe Reading will be able to stay in the Premier League, because Aston Villa have been playing well lately, and seven points is already a big gap between them.

5. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

I thought when Adkins was fired from Southampton that it was a big mistake but in fairness the new guy, pogghetinni or sometthing like, seems to be doing an ok job.
    Never thought Adkins would be out of work too long but not convinced this is a great move for him. They simply must drop now and Mc Dermott was never given the chance to really strengthen the squad in the last window so not sure how Adkins can do this. I think at best their squad is OK Championship level but gonna take a lot of hard work and luck to get them back up first time of asking. Look how the sides relegated last season are fairing in the Championship, tough league to get out of for sure.