1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Pep Guardiola: Bayern Munich boss wants to coach in England

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Creaky, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Pep Guardiola says he is leaving Bayern Munich to manage in England.

The former Barcelona boss recently announced he would not extend his contract in Germany when it expires at the end of this season.

Guardiola, 44, has been linked with Premier League clubs Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

"I want to experience a new city and I want to work in England. I have several offers from England but I haven't signed anything yet," he said.

"I have an opportunity to work in England. I'm at the right age and I feel it is the right move for me.

"That is the reason I have taken this decision."

Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge had suggested Guardiola already knew which club he would be joining next season.

But on Tuesday, the Spaniard said: "I haven't decided."

Former Real Madrid and Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti, 56, is taking over at Bayern, with Guardiola describing the Italian as a "perfect choice".

Source: I want to coach in England - Guardiola