1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Players you love to hate!!

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by bazzie89, Mar 27, 2013.

1. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

Come on, we all have them! Players we just cannot abide for one reason or another, the Robbie Savage's etc. Though off the pitch he does seem an okay guy to be fair.
    Of course Luis Suarez, rightly or wrongly has come in for a lot of stick this season, as has Gareth Bale for his "alleged" diving tactics.
    Me? I just could never like Craig Bellamy, even when he signed for my team, thought a good signing, good player, BUT, I can't like Him.
    Have to say I changed my mind a bit about him when I watched a programme about the money , and time, he pumps into a youth football project in one of the poorer African nations.
    Respect! But Still can't love him!
    How about you, who do you love to hate?

2. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

At the moment Chris Wood doesn't get much love from us Millwall fans after spending months gushing about how great we are and how much he loves us and then as soon as Leicester City offer him a couple of quid more than we do he can't get out of the London quick enough.

3. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

I can't stand Busquets because of the playacting he does. It's outrageous.
    I also couldn't stand Materazzi when he was a player, he was unable to stop opponents and that's why he tried to kick them or always fauled them.
    The Napoli keeper, De Sanctis, is also a hysterical kind of person. He sometimes runs yelling to the referee for things that he shouldn't get involved at all.

4. AndrewC

AndrewC Member

God I can't stand Fernando Torres, I hate him with such a passion, I've always been Chelsea fan and it killed the team for me when they bought him and got rid of Drogba, I can't hear his name because it upsets me, he might be a good player like others say but I will always say the perfect Chelsea was with Drogba and Anelka.

5. RetJoSek

RetJoSek Member

Christiano Ronaldo. I've always been a Machester United fan, and somehow, even though he is a brilliant player, I have just never liked him. His talent is off the charts, the goals he scores are phenomenal, he's just generally charismatic. There is just something about him I hate, when really I think he is a great guy, even when he used to play for us I just wanted him to leave the club; luckily he did and we got a helluva lot of money... Just please God don't let him come back here.

6. daym90

daym90 Member

For me it's Robben! I just don't like the guy! He's good player, but when i see him doing his one and only dribble, trying to move past the whole team, and if he loses the ball, he makes smug face like it's not his fault. I just don't like the guy! Can't forget how he lost Bayern a Champions League only because he was just too smug.

7. Jacknot3d

Jacknot3d Member

Messi,
    he is what he is because he has great team supporting his back, Ronaldo does everything, or almost everything, on his own.

8. seeya555

seeya555 Member

I would say, Robben, because he has failed in so many crucial situations for Bayern and also because his play style is kind of arrogant. In recent games however, he has scored a few times (against Dortmund in the cup and Hamburg in the league), which gives me some hope that he'll become a crucial part of the team.

A player I hated a long time was Drogba. Then I realized what he was doing for his home country (helping to end the civil war, donating money, spending Christmas with orphans etc.) and I just couldn't hate him as a person anymore. As a player, I still haven't grown keen of him.

9. cole_stanley

cole_stanley Member

Ryan Giggs. I'm a Man U fan, but he's not the best person off the field. But then again, have you seen Imogen Thomas? Can't honestly say I'd be able to resist...

10. It's not one particular player but I hate anybody who kisses the badge. You can just guarantee that they will be negotiating a payrise with threats of leaving unless they get an extra £20k a week. Also hate those players who raise their eyes to heaven after scoring before going out on the night and spit-roasting or punching WAGS.

11. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

For me it would be Puyol, Jose Manuel Pinto and Gennaro Gattuso. All of them are horrible players on the pitch and I cant imagine them being much better off it.

12. cole_stanley

cole_stanley Member

LOL :D

It's a crowd pleaser though, people love seeing that crap.

13. Jacknot3d

Jacknot3d Member

Why do you say that?

I'm not a Manchester United follower, but would like to know about what you are saying.