1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Rafa leaves in May

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Creaky, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Creaky

Creaky Admin

As we now know Rafa Benitez is leaving Chelsea in May what are your thoughts? Should he leave sooner? Should he have been appointed in the first place?

2. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

Rafa was an emergency coach, as noone else would take over the reigns at Stamford Bridge in the middle of the season. As an emergency coach, I think he has done good. It is only logical that they will replace him with a world class coach, come the end of the current season. I don't think he should leave sooner as finally Chelsea have found some kind of balance (can be seen in the last matches where they almost beat Manchester United at Old Trafford after a miserable first half, then overturned the deficit against Steaua to pass the round in EL, and with the win against West Ham today they regained the third place).

3. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I think the way they have treated Roberto Di Matteo is outragous! The man won you the Champion's League and you still fired him? But what do you expect from a chairman who never wanted him as manager in the first place? He has treated all his managers in the same way. When Rafa came in I said that he was not the man Abramovich wanted either, we all know he wanted Pep Guardiola.

Did anyone see Rafa's outburst a couple of weeks ago?

4. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Not sure who they will get as new manager come the summer, not a job I would want with the owner they have.

5. LALucien

LALucien Member

I guess its a diffivult one to call. I feel sorry for the players really, how can they be expected to keep performing with such an unstable foundation such as the consistent switching of coaches. They must be playing with about 10 different styles in their heads after all this and when the next guy comes in, no doubt he's gonna put his 2 pence in and try and make his mark too.
    The Gaffa needs to sort it out mate and get someone he actually wants to be in there to lead the squad or they're gonna end up not having a clue what they're doin' on that pitch! (Some might argue its got to that already!)

6. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

The problem is he seems to only want Guardiola who is due to take over at Bayern Munich at the start of next season, and has already told Abramovich he is not interested.

7. netskee

netskee Member

Worst thing Chelsea ever made was to sack Di Mateo, the man won the champions league, the f*cking champions league!
    Oh well, Roman just couldn't resist. I hope they fall behind Spurs this season and don't get the champions league spot.

As for the substitute it will probably be the Jupp Heynckes after he is replaced by Guardiola, he's done a great job at Munich. Unless, of course, he retires after that.