Robin van Persie: Man Utd striker lucky to be alive - Ferguson

Creaky

Admin
Sir Alex Ferguson says Robin van Persie is "lucky to be alive" after being hit in the head by a ball struck by Ashley Williams in the 1-1 draw with Swansea.

Van Persie was lying on the ground when Williams kicked the ball from a couple of yards away as the referee blew the whistle for a foul.

Ferguson felt Van Persie was fortunate to escape serious injury.

"Robin van Persie is lucky to be alive. It was a disgraceful act from their player," Ferguson told BBC Sport.

"He should be banned by the FA. Robin could have had a broken neck."

Read more: BBC Sport

bazzie89

Yes, I saw this on video online, watched it a few times to try and form an opinion. At first I thought Fergie was being a bit melo-dramatic but after watching a few times RVP's head really does take one hell of a jolt and I have to say that, imho, it did look like a moment of pure madness on Williams part. I am sure afterwards he did regret his actions and in the heat of the moment these things happen in sport but it was a little crazy.

kateric99

I actually felt goosebumps while watching the replay. Alex Ferguson was perhaps exaggerating, but he was definitely lucky he got out of that situation uninjured.
Things like these are impossible to avoid in football, the only thing we can do is praying that it doesn't happen again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.