1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

The greatest player of all time

Discussion in 'International Football' started by Brainerzor, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Brainerzor

Brainerzor Member

The question we have been hearing almost everyday, who is the greatest player of all time? You can say whatever you want, but I think Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi still need to do a lot in order to even be considered in the list.
    In my opinion, Ronaldo the phenomenon is the most skilled player I have ever had the chance to see in action. The magic he had in his feet was just an abnormal thing.
    What about you? Who do you think deserves this title?

2. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Some of the modern day players are very good in their own right but still have a long way to good to be considered the best. I think I would have to go with someone like Pele for the all time best at the moment.

3. seeya555

seeya555 Member

I would probably say Messi, if he continues at the level he is right now. He's currently counted as one of the best, but he still has so much time left to achieve something possibly unachieveable.

From the older players, I would say, I consider Ronaldinho or Beckham both to be pretty amazing. They achieved some much and are still active.

Also Ryan Giggs. So old yet so talented and good.

4. Jacknot3d

Jacknot3d Member

A few years ago the best players were great because there weren't so good players, right now the best player has to be really great in order to be the best because as the years go by the competition and demand is greater.

So in my opinion is Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, also we can talk about other players like Ronaldinho, Ibramohovic, but they aren't as good as the first two.

5. Well along history we have seen really wonderful players like Maradonna,Pele,Beckenbauer,Di Stefano(with his five consecutive Champions League with Real Madrid and we can't forget about Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Messi(currently the best player in the world) but for the way he played i think that the best player of all time was Johan Cryuff and Clockwork Orange in the 1974 World Cup. The way that team passed the ball was extraordinary but well it's just my opinion

6. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

It's hard to say, but right now it's either Ronaldo or Messi. Hopefully Neymar can bring something new into the mix, but people will only really consider him once he goes to Europe.

7. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

Do you know what I would like you guys to do? Produce your best 11 with five-seven subs. I'll get thinking and post mine tomorrow. :)

8. krismania

krismania Member

In my opinion, that'd be Pele. He has scored more than one thousand goals throughout his entire career and possessed great technique. It's true that at the time when he played the defences of the teams weren't developed that much, but I'd still pick him, he has done phenomenal things.
    Even so, I do not hide the fact, I wish one day Cristiano Ronaldo will take his honourable place and become the best footballer of all time.