1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

The relegation scrap

Discussion in 'Championship' started by midfieldDynamo, Apr 2, 2013.

1. So who will be going down from the championship this year?

With five or six games to go and 50 points being the usual benchmark for safety, I would say that Bristol City look doomed with just 40 pts. After that, it gets interesting with Peterborough in 23rd on 45 pts less than 10 points off being in the top 10!! I would say that Wolves look safe with 4 home games out of six to come but after that it could be anybodies guess.

2. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

My pick is going to be Bristol City, Peterborough and Sheffield Wednesday. I'd like to say Blackburn but I have a feeling they will escape with the skin of their teeth.

The league is normally always tight but I can't remember it being this tight in recent memory. Teams near the bottom only need to string two or three wins together to propel them up into the top ten or twelve.

3. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

I also have a feeling Blackburn are too big to go down another league, but Peterborough and Bristol City are for sure going down. They are just poor and they belong in League One rather than in Championship.

4. Lee

Lee Member

No such thing as too big to go down! Leeds UTD will testify to that ;)

Champions League to League 1 in a few years. What a downfall that was!