1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Van Persie emulating Torres?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by bazzie89, Apr 9, 2013.

1. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

Crikes! Seems an age since RVP found the back of the net for united. A dubious claim for a goal against Sunderland, definetly a Titus Bramble o.g. imho, and now an attempt at taking the credit for a Vincent Kompany o.g. on the grounds that it was his free kick that led to it! Smacks a bit of desperation to me, not going to flop is he??

2. seeya555

seeya555 Member

Five games without scoring seems a lot, but I also think that Manchester United are pretty much through for the title so he hasn't got that much pressure to score as many goals as he scored before. Comparing him to Torres is too early I think. Let's see what he'll manage to do towards the end of the season and then judge.

3. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

It's quite to emulate Torres and I'm pretty sure RVP doesn't want to emulate him. Poor runs of form happen every once in a while and I think this is one of those times.

4. Theres probably something in his contract where he gets xthousands of pounds for scoring xamount of goals. He's probably one or two short so he's desperately looking for anythinghe can claim before the end of the season.

5. Lee

Lee Member

Strikers sometime go without scoring, its just the way football happens. Is it only 5 games? Or more now? Either way, it isn't exactly Torres situation just yet.

I think too much pressure can be put on the men upfront, sometimes makes it harder to get back into form.

I like RVP and I like Torres, give them both time. Torres will get back to greatness.

6. bogdanbogdys

bogdanbogdys Member

And that's how football is. Just get used to it :p