1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

West Ham, the new era arrives??

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by bazzie89, Mar 25, 2013.

1. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

Ok, so with a cracking deal arranged for a new multi-seater super stadium, Andy Carroll on his way out and a "goal machine" on his way in for around 15 million, no new contract in place thus far for Big Sam, maybe a more ambitious manager on his way in, are West Ham Utd on the verge of becoming a "super club" ? Or, with far too many seats to fill, burgeoning debts and a suicidal desire to play amongst the "Big Boys" is this all going to go horribly wrong??
    What d'you think?

2. Creaky

Creaky Admin

I think they have a long way to go before they become a super club. It would be a shame if Sam left the club, he's done we'll for them since joining.

3. alfpt

alfpt Member

I also think they still have a long way to go before they can aim to grab some titles, but I'd certainly like to see them play neck to neck with the biggest clubs in England. I honestly don't like them changing for such a big stadium, or any other Premier League team, because I feel it's a bit of a loss of identity, I love the stadiums where the supporters are really close to the players.
    To be honest, I'm not a really big fan of Andy Carroll, he never made me think he was worth the money Liverpool pade for him.
    To finish, I think it's vital that West Ham keep Sam Allardyce because I think he's the right man to take the club to the next level.

Regards,
    António.

4. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

Yes, I pretty much agree with what you are saying, thinking it is good for clubs to have management stability and where you can pick faults in Big Sam he does have a wealth of experience even if sometimes he looks a little tactically inept.
    Andy Carroll looks like being one of these "super" players who never really acheive the level the hype surrounding them would have us believe. Also, for a big guy he seems a tad fragile.
    I think the old stadiums, especially the likes of the Boleyn ground, have an atmosphere that will never be recreated in new stadia but I guess things move on and if you want to be able to seat 75,000 plus you've gotta move