West Ham, the new era arrives??

bazzie89

Ok, so with a cracking deal arranged for a new multi-seater super stadium, Andy Carroll on his way out and a "goal machine" on his way in for around 15 million, no new contract in place thus far for Big Sam, maybe a more ambitious manager on his way in, are West Ham Utd on the verge of becoming a "super club" ? Or, with far too many seats to fill, burgeoning debts and a suicidal desire to play amongst the "Big Boys" is this all going to go horribly wrong??
What d'you think?

Creaky

Admin
I think they have a long way to go before they become a super club. It would be a shame if Sam left the club, he's done we'll for them since joining.

alfpt

I also think they still have a long way to go before they can aim to grab some titles, but I'd certainly like to see them play neck to neck with the biggest clubs in England. I honestly don't like them changing for such a big stadium, or any other Premier League team, because I feel it's a bit of a loss of identity, I love the stadiums where the supporters are really close to the players.
To be honest, I'm not a really big fan of Andy Carroll, he never made me think he was worth the money Liverpool pade for him.
To finish, I think it's vital that West Ham keep Sam Allardyce because I think he's the right man to take the club to the next level.

Regards,
António.

bazzie89

Yes, I pretty much agree with what you are saying, thinking it is good for clubs to have management stability and where you can pick faults in Big Sam he does have a wealth of experience even if sometimes he looks a little tactically inept.
Andy Carroll looks like being one of these "super" players who never really acheive the level the hype surrounding them would have us believe. Also, for a big guy he seems a tad fragile.
I think the old stadiums, especially the likes of the Boleyn ground, have an atmosphere that will never be recreated in new stadia but I guess things move on and if you want to be able to seat 75,000 plus you've gotta move

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.