1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

What happened to Usain Bolt's Dream of Joining Man Utd?

Discussion in 'UEFA Competitions' started by Fancy, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Fancy

Fancy Member

Back last year during London Olympics, Usain Bolt was offered a place in Manchester Utd when he won the 100m and 200m finals. I thought he accepted Sir Alex Ferguson's offer of joining Man utd immediately after the finals. However, I have not heard any news of him joining the club and even playing a few games where he could use his fast sprint to the benefit of Man utd. If Bolt joined the club, which games has he played or he has since been sitting on the bench. I think it would be great if he plays at least one game.

2. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

Bolt joining Man.United would be like having Maradona joining a handball team. Not going to happen, it's too silly.

3. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I think it was just something he said in the heat of the moment but apparently when Man Utd play Real Madrid in a charity match later this year he will be given a chance to play in it.

4. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

Someone, thankfully, must have talked him out of this crazy idea. You don't only run in football, there's positioning, ball control, movement off the ball, runs in the box, etc. You don't learn that at Bolt's age, but since you're a kid.

5. seeya555

seeya555 Member

I don't think that he should become an immediate part of the team, but rather work for it as a representative. Maybe promote the club in other parts of the world, play in friendlies and do some publicity. This way, he could be a part of Manchester United and use his popularity to it's advance.

6. Jacknot3d

Jacknot3d Member

This is a prank of 1st April, right?

7. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

Afraid not, he said it live on camera after winning a race.

8. daym90

daym90 Member

Bolt is a really big fan of United, he even did a few practices with the team. He has a lot of friends there and likes to play football, but he can't on a professional level, so he just jokes around telling people he will join United.

9. It was some dumb crap they made up to give Manchester UTD and Bolt some publicity i mean i am not saying that he would be a bad player with his speed if he learns how to handle the ball he could be unstoppable but it's too late for him he has a career that he has to follow and i thonk he wouldn't be useful for Manchester maybe for a secondary league team but not for a team that plays three cups at once