1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

What is your favourite team ? What is the reason you started cheering for that team ?

Discussion in 'General Football News' started by donaldplozha, Apr 2, 2013.

1. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

I am a fan of AC Milan and I started cheering for them back in 2000 because of players like Maldini. :)

2. seeya555

seeya555 Member

I like Bayern because they always play good and passionately and also because David Alaba, who is practically an Austrian national hero, plays there. I also like the LA Galaxy, because of, back in the days Landon Donovan and David Beckham and because they got me into the MLS.

Apart from that, I also like Schalke because they have talented players and also Fuchs, another Austrian.

3. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

My favourite team is my hometown team, FC Porto. I've been a fan since I was little, because of my parents and have gone to see a few games.

4. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Mine is Liverpool. Growing up with my brother he is an Arsenal fan, just created a bit of rivalry between us.

5. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

Ha, my Father was an Arsenal supporter, I started supporting West Ham when I was 5 years old ,1964, they were on the cover of all the Boys soccer Mag's, won the F.A. Cup, beat Preston 4-2, then went on to success in Europe. If I am honest it was just that they hit the headlines at that point in time and I think I liked their kit!! Crikey, could have ended up supporting Villa or Burnley, I dread to think ;)

6. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I'm a Millwall fan. My entire family is mostly West Ham with the odd Arsenal fan (show me an Arsenal fan who isn't odd!) throw in. My mum was dating a guy who took me to a Millwall game in 1987 and I immediately fell in love with the club and haven't looked back since. I get to as many home games as I can (about 20 a season) but don't go to any away games these days because I refuse to pay the £20 fee for the membership because some fans can't behave themselves.

I even converted my brother from a West Ham fan into a Millwall fan! :)

7. krismania

krismania Member

The team that I support is Liverpool FC. I've been their fan ever since that outstanding champions league final that took place at Istanbul in 2005! I will never forget how they emerged victorious. I am grateful that I witnessed that final.

8. MidlandToffee

MidlandToffee Member

I'm the odd one out in my Family being an avid Everton Fan and they are all West Bromwich Albion Fans. I know it's a very very very long shot but I'm hoping the glory of 85' return to the Toffee's one day. Maybe not in my lifetime but I can Dream ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG]