1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Where do you watch your football games?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AndrewC, Mar 29, 2013.

1. AndrewC

AndrewC Member

I ask this because I'm in the states and since no one here really is into football that much we get coverage of different sports so must of my games I watch them online through streams.

Do you guys still pay for cable and watch your games on your Tv or do you like me watch streams of football matches?

I also like watching them online because there's always a chatroom next to the game where you can talk garbage for fun with the others watching the game.

2. Creaky

Creaky Admin

I have Sky TV which show a lot of the Premier league games live along with highlights of most of the others. I don't get to many live games these days, not enough hours in the day.

3. alfpt

alfpt Member

When my team plays at home, I usually go and see them live, as I have a season ticket, I only missed them twice this season. The I have cable but just basically to watch the away games and the Premier League matches, so I'm thinking about cancelling the subscription and just start watching it on streams, I used to watch lot of football games on streams before having the season ticket, and I was able to get good quality streams, so I'll be able to save quite a bit of money over the year.

4. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

I watch the important matches on TV, I am subscribed to Sky. There are lots of matches, though, that I am forced to watch online or sometimes I just feel more comfortable sitting in front of my laptop and watching a game using Sopcast (very high quality streams) and eating or drinking something. :)

5. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I'm in the UK and I try and get to as many home Millwall games as I can, I will watch the Premier League highlight shows on free TV on a Saturday and Sunday night and I have Sky TV to watch any games that catch my fancy. When it comes to England games though there is only one place to be - down the pub!

6. seeya555

seeya555 Member

Here in Austria, they usually show important games (Champion's League and one Europa League), once per week on basic cable. I also receive some Swiss television and they show two Champion's League and one Europa League game per week. The state TV also shows one game from the domestic League per week. What I am really missing, are games from the Premier League and Bundesliga. The only thing they show are Cup games, the FA cup and the German cup. Those games I usually watch on the net or in a sports bar.

7. Jacknot3d

Jacknot3d Member

In Portugal the games often are played in Sport TV which is a really expensive channel (the whole package, 4 channels which only 2 play regularly football, you pay almost 30€ to have them) and in my house we don't own that much money to get it, so I just google online for a live stream often I can't find one, but while going through forums I can find a clean one to watch is peacefully.

8. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

I'm in the same boat, so I just find a stream somewhere, I actually prefer to find ones with English commentary, because it's better and less biased.

9. krismania

krismania Member

I either watch them at home or somewhere otuside - at a pub, club and etc. To be honest, most of the time I watch them at home on my TV, I don't have any special subscriptions to other channels, so I just watch what is being broadcasted. If there is a match that I want to watch and it's not being broadcasted I just search for a livestreaming source online.