1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Who's Going down?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by bazzie89, Mar 26, 2013.

1. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

Ok, at the business end of the season, save for who might make the 4th place the top is pretty well done and dusted, but whose going to take the drop? I can't see Reading avoiding it but still not sure about QPR with old Harry "Houdini" at the helm, and Wigan, well Wigan just always seem to have a get out of jail card to play, but then Villa do have goalscorers and on occasion look pretty good. Sunderland to freefall? The Almighty MON to take a team down, surely not? I don't know how to predict this but I'll go; Reading, QPR & Sunderland.
    Rubbish predicting maybe but what d'you think?

2. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

Reading are going to play Arsenal, Liverpool, Southampton, West Ham, Manchester City and Norwich, which in my eyes is a pretty tough remaining schedule list.

On the other hand, QPR is going to play easier opponents like Wigan, Stoke and Fulham and have a direct meeting with Reading to play as well.

All in all, I think QPR is not going down and Reading along with Wigan are.

3. alfpt

alfpt Member

It's really quite a lottery, but my first bet and the team I really believe is going down is Queens Park Rangers. They have some good players, but as a team they don't work, and this season they deserve to be relegated. I also think Reading will go down. They have a new manager, which can change the way they approach matches, but I think he won't be able to change the mind of the team with such few games left to play. Wigan always does a great last sprint, and I think they will be able to stay up again. Aston Villa have been in good form lately and I think that form will continue and be enough for them to stay up. I think Sunderland will be the third team going down, because they still have to play against Manchester United, Chelsea and Everton and, if they lose all three games, there aren't many games left where they can get precious points.

4. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I can see QPR pulling off a little run but just falling short of escaping. I think Reading and Southampton will be the three teams to go down, Wigan will pull out another last minute escape again and Villa have just enough firepower to outrun the relegation zone.