1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Will Brazil give us another disappointment in 2014?

Discussion in 'Fifa World Cup' started by Brainerzor, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Brainerzor

Brainerzor Member

The 2014 world cup is near, and while we are getting ready to football's greatest event we can still do some pre analysis. Do you think that Brazil will continue with the record of disappointments? And who do you think will be the great winner next year? Leave your thoughts!

2. seeya555

seeya555 Member

Right now I think they are missing the practice because they don't have to qualify for the World Cup, so they might not actually go that far in the tournament. I am guessing quarter finals, maybe semi.

For the winner, Spain really is one of the greatest contestants. Other teams that have been improving are France and Germany, even though Germany has a relatively easy group.

I really hope Austria or/and Slovakia make it through the qualification so I can really cheer for someone next year.

3. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

The biggest problem in Brazil will be the lack of security, as the crime rate there is very high and most of them are violent. As for infrastructures, everything is in schedule.

As for the football, I hope it'll be good, we may have some brand new teams qualifying and they may cause surprises, so it won't be too bad.

4. Jacknot3d

Jacknot3d Member

Brazil is a poor country, with low security, hygiene. Which is odd because Brazil has several resources, landscapes but nothing of that is worth to the normal citizen because they have an extremely capitalized country.

So I think the event will be good, because the workers are cheap, they have the resources so it will all be nice till the olympics (i know you are talking about the world cup)

5. Brainerzor

Brainerzor Member

Do you guys really think that there will be any kind of lack of security in Brazil? Brazilian people always tend to "behave" when there's any big event going on at that time. We barely see any cases of huge violence when something this big takes place there, it's not like it's a regular day there :p

6. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

Really? When the F1 race is in town there's always stories of teams or crew members being carjacked/mugged in downtown São Paulo.

7. I think that Brazil has really improved in in the way of playing and the fact that they are locals makes me believe that they will get really far. Others teams to look at are as always Spain with their characteristic "Tiki-Tiki" way of playing and Germany with a really refreshed team from all of the young promises that are coming out. And another selection to keep in mind is Argentina, they are currently dominating the South American eliminatories and with Messi as their spearhead they are a team to be worried about

8. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

I'd like to be able to say England :D but the words just won't come out!!
    I think maybe Spain though, rest assured, Brazil on their home patch ain't gonna roll over, the atmosphere in their matches will be electric!!

9. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Would love to say England, not going to happen though. Will be a big tournament for Brazil and they should do well, at the moment I would go with Spain.

10. krismania

krismania Member

Give us another disappointment? No, but I don't see them lifting the cup either. The same goes for Spain they had a lot of trophies, but their winning streak will come to an end. I expect a lot from Germany, Italy and Portugal. France and Argentina aren't performing so well lately, but they shouldn't be underestimated.

11. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

Yeah, Spain will probably win it again, but let's hope not, I'm bloody tured of seeing them winning anything and everything.

12. bogdanbogdys

bogdanbogdys Member

I don't know who will win but everyone will have high expectations from that country. But i bet Spain again, it's just a feeling.

13. chels

chels Member

Brazil certainly have the players to do it but the pressure on them is huge and their team is still developing. Their performances in international friendlies have been poor. The conditions will suit them and they have home support, I think they will reach the semi-finals at least.

14. Lee

Lee Member

I really don't think that Brazil are going to win the World Cup this year. They seem to be missing that over clinical finishing Brazil teams from the past had!

15. MidlandToffee

MidlandToffee Member

I don't think you can look any further than Brazil to win overall as they have never lost a tournament on home soil. I also think Spain & Germany can't be written off as runners up. Would love for England to be there or thereabouts but I personally think we have a tough group and can't see us even winning 1 match. We just aren't strong enough at the end of the day.