1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Will it be Chelsea or Tottenham to get direct Champions League acces this season ?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by donaldplozha, Mar 18, 2013.

1. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

I am curious to see your reasonings about this topic. :)

Personally I think that Chelsea will edge it with their experience and better players.

2. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

I think Chelsea will be strong enough to hold on but I think Tottenham will certainly push them all the way, I'm just a bitt concerned about them relying on Gareth Bale too much.

3. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Spurs seem to be relying on one player at the moment, got a feeling Chelsea will hold out and claim 4th though.

4. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

Yep, Arsenal found this out when they sold Van Persie and people will find out when someone lures Bale away next season.

5. LALucien

LALucien Member

I dunno, Chelsea have got the edge slightly in terms of performing players but I've got a feeling that Spurs are gonna rise up from the ashes and pull this one out the bag.
    There seems to be some strong ripples coursing through the Spurs fans as well. I reckon somehow that's gonna get through to the players and fire them through at the last minute.

6. netskee

netskee Member

I really hope Villas-Boas makes his way to the 3rd or even 2nd place, the man deserves it. He could have got it if the last games weren't as bad as they were but he can still manage. It would be a kick in Abramovich's butt from AVB for sacking him last season.

7. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

Not sure why you are only focusing on Chelsea and Tottenham? Not just between these two, Arsenal still have a live chance for sure and maybe Everton will still have a shout. If Moyes did, and I don't think he will now to be honest, achieve a top four finish , that would be remarkable. On that note, Moyes still at Everton next season? New thread perhaps?

8. Sants

Sants Member

I bet the Spurs. Bale is a fantastic moment and if he continues like this it will be hard to stop the Spurs. AVB is finally able to show that he is a great coach and how not to be? His teacher was the best! Special One!

9. I think it's gonna be Tottenham because in this league they are a very good team, (a lot better than Chelsea) very prepared. And I don't think that Chelsea deserves to play the Champions League, the way they played against Barcelona in the semi-finals makes a perfect example of why. You can't play against another team using a 9-1 formation to just save the results.

10. Its a strange one really. Players wise, I'd go for Chelsea with their experience and strength in depth and the fact that Bale is injured. Manager-wise its different becasue I still think that Benitez has a strange relationship with some of the Chelsea players and that could yet trip them up.

11. chels

chels Member

I think Arsenal will finish 3rd because they have the easiest run-in and they haven't played as many games. It will be a fight between Tottneham and Chelsea for 4th and it's hard to call. Chelsea have a significant goal difference and a game in hand, plus they play Tottenham at home. I'm going for Chelsea, fingers crossed.

12. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

It's hard to tell. Both teams are good, but Tottenham are going through a harder period.

However, Spurs' calendar is easier, with only one very hard game against City. Chelsea have got Liverpool, United and Everton to play, so it's gonna be a very tight run for the 3rd and 4th places.

13. chels

chels Member

You're forgetting that Spurs have to play at Chelsea, that will be a key game. Liverpool away will be tough but hopefully the title will be wrapped up for United by the time they play us. Everton is last game of the season, it could be settled before then.

Tottenham have Wigan and Stoke away, I fancy them to drop points in those games. Their final game is at home against Sunderland, that could be tough if Sunderland need points to stay up.