1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Women's teams?

Discussion in 'Women's Football' started by Creaky, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Does your club have a women's team? If not should they form one?

2. Jacknot3d

Jacknot3d Member

No, I don't think in Futebol Clube do Porto there is a Women's team for any sport, which is a shame, they always bet on stuff they can win, afraid to invest.

Girls can do good things, boys were born doing exercise, running since the primordial ages, girls didn't, if they don't be as good as men it is understandable. But we are creating teams of girls to compete with other girls not men.

3. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

Women's football is on the rise. The 2011 WC was very good and very well attended and showed that women's football is just as good as men's. Also, it's getting more and more coverage, which allows people to follow it more closely.

However, here in Portugal it's still very young and amateur, but hopefully it'll go professional one day.

4. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

Sorry Alexqueiros, can't agree with that! In my personal opinion women's football is light years away from the mens game. If you put the Worlds best ladies side up against any one of the top mens teams it would be a cricket score!!
    I've tried watching some of the ladies world cup and some televised cup finals, tried to be objective, but I would prefer to go and watch the local pub team, it's more exciting!
    If women want to play football then fine, no problem with that, but to make comparisons is just not on.

5. deansaliba

deansaliba Member

Yes Millwall do have a women's side, I remember the backlash the club had when a team started with the name Millwall Lionesses and Millwall FC tried to force them to change it, luckily they saw sense after a little while and incorporated the team.

6. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

It may not be just as good as men's football, but I find it quite exciting and if there is some development, it can start to match up with mens teams.

7. deebee

deebee Member

Women have come such a long way in a lot of different entities. I hope to really see womens footbal rise and rise fast. There are some really great athletes, but I feel they do not get the exposure and props that they deserve. Many people feel women are not meant to play sports which i a foolish statement. I googled some information and videos on womens football and I am extremely impressed. I am looking forward to going to a few games myself. The game is very intense and exciting to watch. One day we will see ladies football really rise and be looked at on an equal level as men.