1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Young playmaker Barcelona only need 5 seconds to score

Discussion in 'International Football' started by Overdoze, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Overdoze

Overdoze Member

Young playmaker Barca only need 5 seconds to score
    Marc Jurado team Benjamins, of Barcelona C showed what is probably the fastest goal in the history of the Catalan club.​
    The young ace only took 5 seconds to open the scoring.​

2. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

No wonder they insert young boys at the age of 17 or 18 in the first team, even on important matches or in Champions League matches. They prepare these boys so well since they are kids, and then they're able to take on much older opponents than themselves.

3. AndrewC

AndrewC Member

Yeah, I used to live in Barcelona and they do start a very young age, I remember in 2009 they had this 16/17 year old actually playing in the Barcelona and I think they have another one now but I can't remember the names since I'm not that into Barca.

I think that the big clubs taking younger players is a great way to get even more kids involved into football since they will always have that chance of being to play for their team.

4. donaldplozha

donaldplozha Member

I think this is the way one should be creating a team: scouting and getting players at a very young age, making them develop and then gradually inserting them in the first team, if they are worth it.

5. Fancy

Fancy Member

I think it is a great idea for main teams to have young players who are 17/18 play in their team A since this starts giving them exposure at an early age. Such players live to become play makers because they play with the seniors in major competitions. This means there is always a smooth transition between older players and the younger ones when they are retiring since the boys are already used to playing with other members. It also cultivates a spirit of great team chemistry. The younger players also learn to tackle senior players from other teams at an early age, which means they don't get intimidated whenever they are tackling the experienced players. That is why it will always be difficult to beat F.C Barcelona because of the strong teams they develop at an early age.

6. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

Barcelona's school is almost one of a kind. Not many can develop players so well and do so using their very own style all the time. Of course this allows the team to almost seamlessly introduce players into the higher levels of the youth system and eventually into the senior squad.

It alo explains why not many foreigners can survive for long in the team, as they were formed under another system/s and don't adapt very well.

7. Jacknot3d

Jacknot3d Member

I don't care about how fast did he score, but how he scored.

Many kids in here can score in less than 10 seconds... It really doesn't matter unless it is for a record.