1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to BehindTheGoal!

We are a community of football supporters.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants Wayne Rooney in Paris

Discussion in 'General Football News' started by seeya555, Apr 5, 2013.

1. seeya555

seeya555 Member

Source: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/200679.html#

2. derbestrafer

derbestrafer Member

I hope Rooney doesn't move from Manchester United. He really is one best striker out there so he should stay.

Also Ferguson said "He will be here next year, you have my word on that". So I think that pretty sums the things up.

3. seeya555

seeya555 Member

I think he should stay there too. He has been achieving such great feats with the club and he can become even bigger. On the other hand, it may be interesting to see him playing somewhere else in Europe, especially when he meets Manchester United sometimes.

As for Sir Alex, I think he is most of the time telling the truth and not speculating about anything, but he is also known for letting go of really good players, so I don't know about that.

4. alexqueiros

alexqueiros Member

Even if he does move to PSG, he won't do much there. Brits outside of England don't do well. Just look at Joey Barton.

5. bazzie89

bazzie89 Member

Joey Barton, as much as I dislike him, is actually very much a part of the Marseille set up and, apart from insuling PSG fullbacks on Twitter, is doing ok for them. Joe Cole also had a big influence when he joined Lille the other season. English players would do well in France, outside of Lyon, PSG, Marseille, the standard generally is not good. Montpellier threatened to mix with the "big boys" then sold off key players and fallen away since. Brits, generally, don't do well abroad because they do not need to go abroad, plenty of money in trhe English game. ;)

6. Creaky

Creaky Admin

From the little I've seen Joey Barton seems to be doing well at PSG